Weekly Rundown

Another week has flown by–literally. The gales of Fall have blown most of the trees naked, and the days have shortened. I have done a lot of treadmill work this week.  It is chilly when I leave for work and near dark when I get back.  I do love fall!  Not sure the horses appreciate it, as they are ones with the least attention.

Monday: I managed to get up early enough in the morning to get on the treadmill. I walked for 15 minutes, then did 17 mins of yoga. I did both stretch-y and strength poses, and went off to work feeling happy and relaxed.

Tuesday: I once more made the name of my blog an accurate one, and got on the treadmill before work again. I did a 5 minute warm up, then 15 minute run with a 5 minute cool down.  I haven’t been running much, I did do it in September but then I kinda fell off. I just didn’t have any confidence in running.   But my outdoors 1 mile run a couple of weeks ago, I was inspired to try again 🙂

Wednesday: off. We all need a day off, right?

Thursday: I did my arm weights and leg PT. It took about 30  minutes, and I did 3 x 15 reps.  I could feel my core working pretty hard, which actually made me feel good. Again, the leg moves made my legs much better after the run the day before.

Friday: another run before work. This time after the warm up, I did a 20 minute run. I find my day at work goes so much nicer with the workout in morning.  I feel accomplished, and I don’t have to worry about squeezing it in after work.  I may become a morning workout person after all!

Saturday: it was supposed to rain, so when the sun was shining at 7am, I stuck Daisy in her coat and snuck out for a quick 1.47 mile walk. Generally, Daisy runs when I approach her with a sweater, but I found a coat that Velcros down her belly. She likes it because it doesn’t have to go over her head, and I like it because it covers her belly, so when her legs get wet, the bulk of her body stays dry. Plus, she is awful cute in it.

Sunday: Another Daisy walk, I felt bad that our other walk was so short. We did a brisk 2 miles in 34 minutes.  I did 18 minutes of yoga (mostly stretch-y) then  there was a slew of housework, followed by some horseplay. I didn’t lunge them, as the ground was wet from yesterday’s rain. But I did do a little ground work after making them purty and relaxed. They are so much fun to brush right now, their hair is thick and soft.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s