Weekly Rundown

Well, it’s Sunday and here I am barely squeaking in under the wire with my Rundown again. I really need to shape up! (pun intended, of course)

It was a decent week, although I didn’t get to take my walk around the hospital with my friend as she has come down with a fairly nasty (temporary) illness and is on meds for it.  But I did get a walk with Daisy, as Mother Nature was kind this week. We had a minor ice storm on Tuesday, but as storms in our corner of the world go, it wasn’t too bad.

Monday: skipping my usual day off, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I felt a bit guilty about my lack of effort the week before, so I wanted to get off to a good start. I did 5 minute walks at 3.0 MPH  with 5 minute interval runs at 5.0 MPH.

Tuesday: off

Wednesday: weight lifting mixed with yoga.  I did 39 minutes, and mixed in several different moves to up the intensity. I did more reps and added a new arm weight (chest flys); and I definitely noticed the new move the next day.

Thursday: a pure yoga day. I did about 20 mins of body bending, mind relaxing, stress releasing joy. Ahhhhhh……

Friday: off

Saturday: my walk with Daisy. We did 3.43 miles, and she really didn’t want to turn around and come at the half-way mark. Afterwards I let her in the house to relax and let Bruce out to help me. He always feels better if we go out together after I walk Daisy, so I always make a few chores to do outside. I watered the horses, unloaded the hay, cleaned the stall, and fed the birds then brought a happy Bruce back in. Later, after lunch, I rearranged the living room and cleaned the house. I had a “girls night” at one of my high school friend’s house, so I ran a few errands as I headed over to her place. After a fab dinner–and two desserts, she is so evil–I came home and was not at all surprised to learn I had met my activity goal for the day!

Sunday:  I started the day off by sleeping in. Unfortunately, sleeping in to me is 6:30am. I had coffee and vegged in front of the news for a bit, then went out to feed the horses before climbing on the treadmill. I did 35 minutes, 5 minute walk intervals with 10 minute run intervals. I am trying to wean myself off of holding onto the treadmill. I don’t when I walk, in fact I carry light weights some days. But when I run, I don’t feel secure and I worry about my knee if I go down. Today was mostly holding with one hand, and occasionally letting go with both for a few seconds. Afterwards I stretched for about 10 minutes. I find I can skip stretching after walking, and sometimes after weights if I get distracted. But if I skip it after a run, my muscles will let me know–especially the shins. My husband and I went to play for the day later, and we walked quite a bit around a few different stores. So I hit my activity goal for two days in a row!
My tracker lets me set the goal, and I set it a bit high. To hit it, I need to do about 13,000 to 14,000 steps; and some of those need to be an intense activity. Quite a few days at work I don’t manage to hit the goal, so I am always happy when I kick its butt!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s