Like so many other runners, my race for Saturday (the Thirsty Leprechaun 5K) has been cancelled. It was the first race of my season, and I trust there will be others in the season!
Meanwhile, I hope everyone out there is safe and staying that way. I happen to work for a hospital (I am NOT medically trained), and I thought I would put out some of the stuff they shared yesterday.
|What Should I Do if I have Flu-like Symptoms?|
|For your health and the health of others, do not arrive unannounced at any Express Care, your primary care office or the Emergency Department. Please call ahead so our medical staff can prepare for your arrival.|
· You or someone you know experience fever or symptoms like the flu or cold, stay home.
· Call your primary care provider if you feel you need to be seen for your symptoms.
· For an emergency, call 911.
|What Can I do to Protect Myself and My Family?|
|Here are some things we all can do to lower the risk of spreading any virus:|
· Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
· Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands; and
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
Additionally, try to stay out of crowds (which is why they are cancelling everything). For accurate info, go to the CDC.gov website. They have current data, updates and ideas to keep you and the family safe as possible. And don’t panic!! Toilet paper will be available–if not, there are always tissues 😛