Weekly Rundown

Another week, and a lovely summer week it was, too. I got to be outdoors for most of the week while doing my exercise.

I ran on the treadmill again, and I am really amazed that I run so easily. I haven’t been doing any cardio for the last 4 months,  and I remember how hard it was when I first started running–me gasping like a fish out of water. I would not have thought that my cardio would have lasted for the last six months since the accident.  I thought I would be gasping again!

Monday: off, thank goodness!

Tuesday: I took Daisy out for a rambling walk. We went about 1.5 miles in 36  minutes, although we did stop to talk to the neighbor so the timing might be off. When I got back, Daisy rushed to the couch while I did 25 minutes of yoga. I did mostly stretchy poses, feeling a bit tired after last week. Definitely felt better afterwards.

Wednesday: Arm Weights and Leg PT. I am back to 3×15 reps after figuring out my math error (I never did like math), and I did each rep slower so that it worked my muscles a bit harder. I had planned on lunging the horses as well, and while I was low on time, I still went out and lunged them together for about 10 minutes. I worked with each one in the center for a minute as well. That was hilarious, since while I pulled Char into the middle, CR kept going around the edge. Silly boy!

Thursday: a walk with my friend, only instead of the Rail Trail we went to our local arboretum. It was a great walk, just over 2.5 miles, through winding trails with sculpture and plants.

Friday: I had a plan but I took it off. Felt great!

Saturday: I dithered for a bit, trying to decide if I should make up for Friday’s plan or do Saturday’s plan or do a combination of them. In the end, I rode Charby, since I really want to get the horses working and I don’t seem to get it in gear to ride before work.  After riding I did 22 minutes of yoga, focusing on both strength poses and holding them a bit longer.

Sunday: we had family coming for a luncheon, so I got going early and cleaned the house. Then I went out and got CR ready and rode for about 20 minutes. We did much better this time, he didn’t seem to be as ornery. Maybe he has resigned himself to working with me 🙂 After riding I went in and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. After 10 minutes, I ran for 15, and then did a 5 minute cool down. A quick shower and some dishes, and I was ready to greet my family!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s